- Sand Bay is bordered to the south by Worlebury Hill and to the north by Middle Hope and Sand Point.
Since the 1950s the north end of Sand Bay features spartina grass. This hardy grass was planted to support the banks of a tributary to the Bristol Channel further upstream than Sand Bay. It is now beginning to grow in isolated areas of the south end.
In the 1980s part of the beach at Sand Bay was raised to prevent flooding by pumping sand from the Bristol Channel up onto the beach. The beach now has two levels, one at the original height near the sea and one bordering the adjacent road at the higher level.
- Sand Point is the peninsula stretching out from Middle Hope, which lies to the north of the of Kewstoke, and the stretch of coastline called Sand Bay. It is owned by the National Trust and is a popular place for walking. On a clear day it commands views of the Bristol Channel, South Wales, Clevedon, the Second Severn Crossing and the Severn Bridge.
A line drawn between Sand Point and Lavernock Point in South Wales marks the lower limit of the Severn Estuary and the start of the Bristol Channel.
Among scarce plants found on Sand Point are Smallflower Buttercup and Honewort. It is also the site of the Middle Hope 84.1 hectare biological and geological Site of Special Scientific Interest.
- St. Pauls Church dates from the 12th century with the tower being built in 1395. It has been designated as a Grade I listed building.
The tower is in two stages, with rendered, diagonal buttresses with setbacks which rise through parapet as corner pinnacles. A polygonal stair turret at the south east corner rises to a pyramidal cap. The first stage has two 2-light perpendicular west window under a plain drip mould, and similar but smaller window with carved stops to the south. The second stage has one 2-light perpendicular window under a drip mould with carved stops on each side; all louvres except the west which is blank. A quatrefoil pierced parapet has gargoyles at the corner. The tower has a peel of 6 bells.
In 1849 a reliquary was found in St Paul’s Church that was believed to have come originally from the priory and to contain the blood of Thomas Becket. It is believed that it was moved to St Paul’s for safe keeping at the time of the Dissolution of the Monasteries and is now in the Museum of Somerset in Taunton.
The font dates from the 14th century, but has been re-cut, with the bowl being much older than the base
- Monk’s Steps (also known as St Kew’s Steps) are an ancient set of stone steps leading from St Paul’s church up through the woods on Monk’s Hill. Although the origins of the steps are unknown, the presence of man in the adjacent woodland on Worlebury Hill can been traced back to the Iron Age.